Terms and Conditions
By accessing, using, uploading, or posting any User Content (as defined below) on the Site, you, your heirs and assignees (collectively, “You” or “User”) acknowledge and indicate that you have read and understand these Terms, and have agreed to be bound by them and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must cease accessing or using the Site. Please note that your use of the Site is entirely optional and free of charge, and you may stop using the Site at any time.
We will modify these Terms to reflect changes in the functionality of the Site, the needs of our Users, our business priorities, or changes in laws and regulations. Any such modifications will be reflected in the Terms. Each time you use the Site, please review these Terms to ensure that you understand the then-applicable terms. If you do not agree to the modified Terms or are unable to comply with them you must stop using the Site. If you use the Site after any updates are made, you agree to accept and be bound by such changes.
To use the Site, You represent and warrant that You are of legal age (18 years or older or being of the age of majority in your jurisdiction) and that You are entitled to agree to these Terms. These Terms may not be accepted for or on behalf of an organization or entity, only individuals, in which case You represent and warrant to be authorized to accept them on behalf of that User and to bind that User to these Terms (in which case, references to “you” and “your” in these Terms, except in this sentence, refer to your agent). If SyS has previously prohibited You from accessing or using the Services, You are not authorized to access or use the Site.
- Our Proprietary Rights
The Site is owned and operated by SyS and contains materials (including all software, design, text, editorial, informational text, photographs, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, graphic illustrations, and other graphic materials, as well as names, logos, trademarks, and service marks) that are derived, in whole or in part, from materials that are provided by SyS and its business partners, as well as from other external sources, which are protected by copyright and trademark laws, international treaty provisions, trademarks, service marks, and other intellectual property laws.
Under these terms, you agree to comply with all applicable copyright and other laws. You acknowledge that SyS and third parties have developed, compiled, prepared, reviewed, selected, and coordinated the Site through the application of methods and standards of judgment developed and applied with considerable investment of time, effort, and money and that they constitute valuable intellectual property of SyS and such third parties.
You agree to protect the proprietary rights of SyS and any third parties having rights in the Site during and after the duration of these Terms, and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by SyS or its suppliers and licensors (collectively, the “Suppliers”) regarding the content or otherwise to protect your rights or the rights of third parties in the Site conferred by contract, or by any law. You agree to notify SyS immediately if you become aware of any claim that the Site infringes any copyright, trademark, or other rights conferred by contract, or by any law.
All present and future rights in trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, know-how, and other intellectual property rights of any kind under the laws of any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, including, without limitation, rights in all applications and registrations relating to the Site, as they relate to your relationship with SyS, shall at all times remain the sole and exclusive property of SyS. Unauthorized use of any material on or through the Site may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, and transparency laws.
- Contributions and User Content
Postings and User Content
The Site will allow you to submit, post, upload, or otherwise make available content (collectively, “Post”), such as video clips, photographs, reviews, questions, comments, public messages, ideas, business plans, feedback, and other types of content (collectively, the “User Content”), that other Users may or may not see, primarily about relevant projects, events, activities, or news (“Subject Matter”) although it may extend beyond the Subject Matter.
The User may voluntarily choose to upload an image for use as a profile picture, with the understanding that by simply uploading the image, the User will be consenting to the processing of the image.
The User must consider that the User Content is a permanent form of communication because even if a message or file is deleted or erased, it is possible to recreate it, so you should analyze this before sending a message or making a publication, in order that it cannot be misinterpreted, and that it expresses exactly what you mean.
License for User Content
When you post User Content on or through the Site, you grant SyS a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable license to use, copy, distribute, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, translate, create derivative works from, sell, rent, transmit, communicate to the public, disassemble, and publish such User Content, in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, for purposes of promotion and redistribution of any portion of the Site or the entire Site (and derivative works therein) in any format and through any media channels. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the SyS Privacy Notice shall govern our use of your personal data.
User Content Statements
You acknowledge and agree that all User Content posted is your sole responsibility, and that any opinion belongs solely to you and that the User Content in no way reflects the opinion of SyS.
You further recognize that you have all necessary rights to post or transmit such User Content without infringing any third-party rights. You understand that SyS does not control and is not responsible for User Content and that, by using the Site, you may be exposed to User Content from third parties that may be offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.
In addition, please be aware that User Content may contain typographical errors, other accidental errors, or inaccuracies. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SyS from and against any claims arising out of User Content that you post. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive control and defense of any such disputes and, in any event, you shall cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
Review of User Content
Notwithstanding that User Content is Your responsibility, You expressly and irrevocably acknowledge and agree that SyS and its designees may or may not, in SyS’s sole discretion, pre-screen and filter User Content before it is posted or made available on the Site (with the understanding that SyS is under no obligation to do so).
You further acknowledge and agree that SyS, in its sole discretion, reserves the right (but assumes no obligation) to reject, move, edit, block, suspend, remove, or report to any governmental authority any User Content that is contributed or uploaded to the Site. In addition, SyS has the right to remove any User Content that violates these Terms or that, at our sole discretion, is otherwise unacceptable.
You acknowledge and agree that SyS does not verify, adopt, endorse, ratify, or approve User Content. You further agree to evaluate and bear all risks associated with your use of User Content or reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such User Content. SyS assumes no responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the User Content.
No Liability of SyS
For purposes of clarity, SyS does not provide any compensation, whether in cash or by way of a product or service, for User Content submitted to SyS, including, without limitation, any ideas. If you nevertheless choose to submit information to us through the Site, you agree that it shall be deemed by SyS to be non-confidential and in the public domain, and SyS shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute it without restriction, regardless of the purpose, unless otherwise expressly agreed to by SyS in writing.
In addition, SyS shall be free to use ideas, concepts, or know-how in the User Content for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing services incorporating such information.
- License and Restricted Activities
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant You a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable right to access and use the Site solely for your personal or non-commercial use and only in a manner that complies with all legal requirements applicable to you or your use of the Site, including those relating to data security and privacy, such as the SyS Privacy Notice and these Terms.
SyS may revoke this license at any time at its sole discretion. If such revocation is effected, you must destroy in a timely manner all material downloaded, copied, or extracted from the Site or otherwise obtained from the Site, as well as all copies of such material, whether made pursuant to these Terms or otherwise.
Use of the Site for any purpose that is unlawful, contrary to the common good or morality, or any other purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms, is strictly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, and without limitation, you may not do any of the following:
- Post User Content that engages in the following: (1) harass, abuse or threaten others, or includes obscene content; (2) is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (3) is disparaging or discriminates against others based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, nationality, religion, sexual preference, disability, or any other classification; (4) is indecent, intolerant, offensive, offensive, violent, harassing, provocative, unlawful, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, hateful, or invasive of another person’s privacy; (5) promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or illegal acts; (6) violates any person’s legal rights or contains material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations, or otherwise conflicts with these Terms; or (7) gives the impression that we or any person or entity issued or endorses it if that is not the case.
- Use the Services for commercial purposes, except if done under an agreement with SyS, or in a manner inconsistent with SyS’s image, principles, or reputation.
- Use the services for benchmarking purposes, or to gather information for a product or service.
- Copy, download (other than that necessary for the cache of the Site, for personal use or as otherwise expressly permitted in these Terms), modify, distribute, publish, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, retransmit, project, duplicate, republish, upload, license, or offer for sale any content or other information contained on or obtained from the Site, reverse engineer or create derivative works from the Site, regardless of the medium, except as provided in these Terms, any license agreement or with the prior written consent of SyS.
- Scraping, monitoring, indexing, framing, linking, or copying any content or information on the Site by accessing them in an automated manner, using any robot, spider, scraper, web crawler, or any other method of access other than manual access to enter the publicly available portions of the Site through a browser.
- Violate the restrictions of any Site robot exclusion headers, as well as omit or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site.
- Post material that promotes illegal activities or discusses illegal activities for the purpose of committing illegal activities.
- Post or otherwise make available any material that includes any software, device, instructions, computer code, files, programs, or any other content or function that is designed to interrupt, destroy, damage, or limit the functionality of any computer hardware or software, or telecommunications equipment (including, without limitation, any time bomb, virus, malware, software blocker, worm, self-destruct, disabling device, malicious logic, Trojan horse, backdoor, measuring device, blocking device, disabling device, or any malicious code).
- Post or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Site.
- Post material that prevents or otherwise prohibits communication or disrupts discussion by Users.
- Post, use, or otherwise make available the intellectual property of another party unless you have the rights to do so, as well as remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices contained on the Site.
- Publish trade secrets, confidential information, or any material that you do not have the right to make available pursuant to law or contractual or fiduciary relationships, including, without limitation, confidential, proprietary, or privileged information that you have obtained as part of an employment relationship or under a confidentiality agreement.
- Falsely stating or misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, or impersonating any person or entity in a manner that does not constitute a misrepresentation.
- Solicit personal or confidential information from other Users, including, and without limitation, address information, credit card, financial account information, or passwords.
- Send spam, commercial electronic messages, advertisements, solicitations, surveys, content, pyramid schemes, promotion of commercial entities, or engage in any other commercial activity on or through the Site.
- Use frames, active links, or other similar methods to display the Site or any portion thereof.
- Violate these Terms, any applicable agreements, or any guidelines or policies posted by SyS.
- Facilitate a violation of these Terms or the Privacy Notice.
- Interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
- Carry out any other act or action that infringes any applicable law and/or that is considered to be illicit under such laws.
In addition to these restrictions, materials displayed on or through the Site are provided with “Restricted Rights.” The use, duplication, or disclosure by any governmental authority or federal, state, or local authority is subject to additional restrictions as set forth in applicable laws and regulations. The use of the materials by such government or authority constitutes acknowledgment of SyS’s proprietary rights in connection therewith.
- SyS Access
You acknowledge, agree, and accept that SyS may access, preserve, and disclose your information, and/or any User Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on the Site, if required to do so by law or under a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is permitted by law or SyS’s Privacy Notice, or is reasonably necessary or appropriate for any of the following reasons: (1) to comply with legal process; (2) to enforce these Terms, our Privacy Notice, or other agreements entered into with you, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (3) to respond to claims that any content infringes the rights of third parties; (4) to respond to your requests for customer service; (5) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SyS, its agents and affiliates, its users and the public; and/or (6) in connection with the performance of any agreements, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations to provide fraud protection and prevent spam or malware, and any similar purposes.
- Data Protection and Privacy
We emphasize that in order to make the use of our portal more efficient, it must collect and use certain personal data of the Users. In addition, your interaction with the Site is likely to reveal other personal data to us. For more information about the processing of your personal data visit our Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Links and Services
The Site may provide: (1) information and content provided by third parties; (2) links to third party websites or third party resources; and (3) third party products and services for sale directly to you. SyS assumes no responsibility for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for (i) any content, advertising, products, or other materials available on such sites or resources, (ii) any errors or omissions in such sites or resources, or (iii) any information handling or other business practices of the operations of such sites or resources.
You acknowledge and agree that SyS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such linked sites or resources.
We suggest that you exercise caution when linking to a third-party site, which is not monitored by SyS but by other third parties, and your interactions with such third parties will be governed by the third-parties’ terms of service and privacy notices, as well as any other similar terms.
- Modification and Termination
Modification of the Site
SyS reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site (in whole or part), temporarily or permanently, at any time, with or without notice. SyS shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
We may, at our sole discretion, terminate, suspend, or otherwise deny You access to the Site in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, at any time and for any or no reason, with or without notice. SyS shall have no liability to you or any third-party for any action you choose to take. If we terminate your right to access the Site, these Terms, along with any right to access the Site, will terminate immediately. However, certain provisions of these Terms will survive termination, including, without limitation, applicable law provisions.
At SyS’s sole discretion, termination of your account may also include deletion of your User Content, and you will not be able to retrieve any information related to this User Content, except as required by applicable law. You acknowledge that SyS may share any such information with any governmental authority or federal, state, or local authority, in the event that the cause of suspension or termination also gives rise to any action by any such authority.
- Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement
As part of our commitment to protect and respect the intellectual property of any person and as part of our policy, we will, in appropriate circumstances prevent further access to a User who is deemed to infringe the intellectual property rights of others, and/or remove such User’s content that is deemed to be infringing.
If You believe that there is an infringement of copyright or any other intellectual property right, either by the Site or by any User Content, We ask that You provide Us with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property rights that you claim was infringed.
- A description of the location within the Site where the material that you claim is infringing is located (providing us with the URL of the website is the quickest way to help us locate the content quickly).
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the copyright owner, its agent, or the law authorized the disputed use.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or proprietary owner or authorized to act on the copyright or proprietary owner’s behalf.
You may contact us as follows:
Please note that the contact information above should only be used for copyright infringement notices. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US WITH OTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS. For any other questions or concerns, please email us using the contact information listed below.
Please note that these Terms and the matters discussed herein shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws applicable in the Mexican Republic.
Any dispute arising out of these Terms or your use of this Site shall be initiated and conducted in Mexico City’s competent courts, and you and SyS consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts, waiving any other court that may have jurisdiction by reason of your domicile or otherwise.
- Final Provisions
Under no circumstances shall SyS or its licensor or supplier be liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from an event beyond its reasonable control (act of God or force majeure).
If we do not insist that you perform any obligation under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you or delay in doing so, this does not mean that we waive such rights or that you do not have to perform your obligations. If we decide to waive our rights in connection with any breach or default by you, we may only do so in writing and it will not mean that we will automatically waive any future breaches that you incur but only those matters for which we have specifically waived.
Each provision of these Terms is enforceable separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are illegal or invalid, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly stated in these Terms, there will be no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms.
These Terms (and all terms and conditions incorporated herein) constitute the entire agreement between You and SyS, and supersede any prior agreements between You and SyS relating to the subject matter hereof, except as otherwise expressly provided herein. These Terms, and any rights or licenses granted hereunder, may not be assigned or delegated by You. These Terms, and any rights or licenses granted hereunder, may be assigned or delegated without restriction by SyS. These Terms are binding and will be understood to benefit each party or the parties’ assignees or permitted successors. These Terms may not be modified by an oral statement made by a representative of SyS. These Terms are not intended to create any agency, partnership, joint venture, or employer/employee relationship.
You agree that any agreement entered into between You and us in electronic form is legally binding as if it had been made in physical, written form. If You use the Site for or on behalf of the government of any jurisdiction, Your license rights are no greater than those granted to non-government consumers. The section headings in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Any provision of these Terms that, by its nature, is reasonably intended to survive termination will survive termination.
We may send you notices by email, post on the Site, or any other method we choose, and such notice will be effective upon delivery. If you sent us a notice, it will be effective when we receive it by postal mail at the address:
Campos Eliseos 345, 2nd floor
Col. Chapultepec Polanco
Zip Code 11560
If you have any questions about these Terms, contact us at our contact section of the Site.